Biopsy (6/23) – appreciate your prayers!

20 May

Another Lipoma
I’m writing this post to mostly remember what went on at the doctor today. I have a tendency to forget and want to make sure I have it written down somewhere in case I need to go back. I went to see my breast surgeon today. A couple of weeks ago I found a lump under my mastectomy scar. I read online that if cancer comes back it usually will show up near the mastectomy scar so I made an appointment to get it looked at. I don’t know if that is true, but Dr. Google said it. Anyway, I saw my doctor today and he did an ultrasound. He believes it is a lipoma. A lipoma is a non-cancerous lump of fat. Nothing to worry about. Unless you are Jayde. Unfortunately, my first lump was cancer even though it was a lipoma. BUT, he really believes it is just fat, not cancerous. But, last time he said there was a 2% chance it was cancer.  He wants to watch and wait right now. He said my cancer was very aggressive and my lump tripled in size very fast. So, if this is cancer the size of it will change rapidly. I will see him again soon to see if it has grown.

Another biopsy and removal of neurofibroma
While I was in his office, I asked him if he could recommend a surgeon to remove a lipoma I have on my lower spine that has been causing pain. My gynecologist confirmed a few weeks ago that it was a lipoma.  He seemed excited and told me he would do it. Lol! He did an ultrasound to take a look at it . While he was looking at it on the ultrasound he kept saying things like, “interesting”, “that is strange”, “wow”…..I was getting a little nervous. The reason for his comments was because he could see the different layers of skin, subcutaneous layer, fat, muscle, etc and when he would go over the lump one of the layers would disappear. Apparently, it was surprising. He believes it is a spinal neurofibroma. He thinks he can remove it all and would like to at least biopsy it if he can’t get all of it. I am scheduled to have it removed on June 23rd. I will go back on June 26th for the results. I would like to ask for prayer. He thinks the reason for my pain is because it is sitting on a nerve on my spine. It could take my pain totally away when he removes it….or it could make it WORSE. Will you pray that this removes the pain I have and that my pain will not increase? Also, that the biopsy will come back benign.

Lastly, I’m in the midst of one of my pain episodes that they cannot figure out the cause of. It started the night of 5/18. The last one ended on 4/11. I’m entering this here so I remember later. Pain is in my upper chest, neck, ears, underarms, spleen, lower back, behind elbows and knees. I also have been running a low fever (99.5-100) for the last 2 days.  I took an 800mg ibuprofen yesterday and it took some of the pain away, but not entirely. They usually last 3-11 days. I’m hoping/praying for 3 days this time. Not 11.

Thank you in advance for your prayers and for caring/reading my posts.

6 Responses to “Biopsy (6/23) – appreciate your prayers!”

1. Michelle Way May 21, 2015 at 2:26 pm #

I will definitely be praying for you! 🙂

2. vkgriffin May 21, 2015 at 5:47 pm #

I am praying for you!

3. Sherry Potts May 27, 2015 at 2:46 pm #

Hi there! You don’t know me, but I came across your blog through St. Andrews prayer chain and was very interested as I have just came through breast cancer myself. Your blog has been such a inspiration to me! I was diagnoised about a year after you were and I believe we were both attending St. Andrews at the same time! As a result I was discussing this blog with my Niece, and she said “I think I know her!” She brought food to us when Emily was born! My Neice is Heidi Bettis and she was expecting twins and one twin died and Emily survived! Are you the same Jayde? My prayers are with you and I am so anxious to read about your doctors appointments and what is happening with your tests! God bless you Jayde!

• jayde0401 May 27, 2015 at 2:51 pm #

I am the same Jayde. 🙂 I remember taking her food. Beautiful house and beautiful girls. 🙂 Thank you for reading my blog. I’ll post an updated once I have the biopsy. The other lump near my mastectomy scar is GONE. Huge answer to prayer. I’ll post that too when I post the other update. Also, I am going to try to rush my ovarian cyst surgery…the pain is now keeping me up at night. 😦

• Sherry Potts May 27, 2015 at 7:09 pm #

Isn’t it amazing how the Lord puts people together! If you had not requested prayer for Dale, I never would have seen your blog website at the end of the message! I’ve been praying for him and his family and haven’t seen an update on his condition. How is he doing? I don’t think I have spelled his first name correctly, but I know you know who I am talking about! 🙂 Emily is a miracle from the Lord. If you remember the story, they were told the outcome for Emily was very grim and at one point even recommended abortion! We didn’t think she would be able to walk, talk or see or who knows what – but she is a little miracle, walking and chatting! She has a little problem with one of her legs, and will need glasses, but other than that she is a little joy! I never was able to have children, even tho we went through one test after another etc., but now I feel like I am so blessed to be living by family for the first time and I have all these great nieces now and also there is little Daniel who is now 5! I look forward to hearing from you again and I am praying for you in the meantime! I had my left breast removed and did not have reconstruction. Then the chemo and radiation followed. Its been one year now since my last radiation. My hair has returned! I had a bit of curl before, but now it is really curly! but hey…..its hair! 🙂

• jayde0401 June 2, 2015 at 12:08 am #

Thank you for asking about Dale. I haven’t had an update in the last few days, but I think he is doing well. He did struggle in the beginning with using the left side of his body, but he is in rehab and doing better now. Thank you for your prayers. I’m glad little Emily is doing so well. I’m glad that you have your nieces and nephews to love on. I have them too, but they live 12 hours away so I don’t get to love on them like I would like to.