Answered Prayer (Men, you won’t want to read it…)

15 Apr

Well….I’m a little behind on my 1 year diagnosis anniversary post.  I’m still working on a video/slideshow that I want to post.  So…I will skip that for now.  But, I have some great news.  If you are a guy though….you may want to stop reading….as I’m about to talk about “female stuff”.  lol!!!

…….

Really….if your a guy…..you don’t want to read any further.  You really won’t appreciate what I’m about to say.

…….

Seriously, I’m warning you men….I’m about to talk about my period!  lol!!

………

Okay.  Ladies. You are just ladies, right?

…….

So, I finished chemo almost 8 months ago and my period stopped about 9 months ago.  I have been praying that it returns so that I can say good bye to the hot flashes and menopause symptoms.  With hot flashes…it is impossible to sleep through the night because you wake up several times a night drenched in sweat, throwing the covers off, fanning yourself (waking up your husband), throwing the cat off you to get some cool air….and then…5 minutes later you are freezing, pulling the covers back over you and scooting close to your husband to get warm again.  It is an all night cycle.

Also, some of you know that I have prayed that God wouldn’t let me period return if it means I will not have children.  It is a sad reminder each month when my period comes and we are still childless.  No answers.  Nothing wrong with either of us.  Just, no baby.  No child.

Well, we flew to California on Friday night and I woke up on Saturday with my period!  9 months without it and it has returned.  🙂  I cried.  I might have even done a little dance.  Kevan said he has never met a woman so happy to start her period.  LOL!!!  My oncologist said if it didn’t start within a year it probably wouldn’t return.  Well, 9 months isn’t too bad?  I’m very happy.  Hello ovulation kits!  🙂

So….now the prayer begins again that God will give us children.  Truthfully, we don’t care if we have our own.  We are perfectly fine with adopting a child (or children) if that is God’s will for us.  I will continue to wait on the Lord…..and try very very hard to be patient.  But, Lord, I’m not getting any younger……

Thank you to all who prayed for me.  I’m sure my ladies bible study will be very happy that my menopause prayer requests will end!  LOL!

11 Responses to “Answered Prayer (Men, you won’t want to read it…)”

1. Tracy Esmeyer April 15, 2013 at 9:45 pm #

Thats amazing Jayde!!!! Praise God!! 🙂

• jayde0401 April 16, 2013 at 2:12 am #

Thanks Tracy!! I can’t wait to share next Wednesday and take my card off the board!

2. Mary April 15, 2013 at 10:33 pm #

I am so happy for you, now we can all pray and wait for Gods answer…. Much love to you sister!

• jayde0401 April 16, 2013 at 2:11 am #

Thank you Mary! :o) Praying for you too!

3. Sripriya April 15, 2013 at 10:52 pm #

Im not surprised at your happiness. God bless you. Absolutely understand how that feels like. let the good times begin( if i can say that).. Guess there is something in Cali air;)

• jayde0401 April 16, 2013 at 2:12 am #

Thank you Sripriya. I know you can share in my joy too because you know how I feel. Love you!

4. willie April 16, 2013 at 1:43 am #

I read the post anyway and I can rejoice in the news. We are all family. All husbands are aware of how the bodies of both sexes naturally function and we all endure “that time” with our wives. I don’t see anything in it to be ashamed of. For God to answer the prayers that I have for you and Kevan this is a step towards answering the bigger request, I rejoice in the fact your life is returning to normal. Praises to my Rock! He gives and takes away – Blessed be the Name of the Lord!

• jayde0401 April 16, 2013 at 2:11 am #

Thank you Willie. Your message brought tears to my eyes. Very sweet.

5. Tiffany Purdy April 16, 2013 at 1:45 am #

OH MY!! I am beyond happy for you!! I hope yall are having a blast there. Love yall!

6. Sandhya April 16, 2013 at 3:01 am #

YayYay! I am so so so happy for you…Admire your patients that you maintained thought out this phase…This is a sign from god that he wants us to believe in him, and the rest will be taken care off…So it’s time to celebrate!I wish I were there with you now to share the joy ..sending you load of hugs… 🙂 love you..