Happy Birthday to me! What a blessing!

1 Apr

Normally, birthdays are not so happy days because I’m another year older and I always feel like I’m not where I want to be each year.  BUT, this year is different.  I do feel old and I’m at least 20 pounds heavier than last year at this time, but I am sooooo blessed that God gave me another year.  I have so much joy inside today!  He has blessed me so much and allowed me to spend another year with my best friend and hubby.  He has given me more time to tell the Good News and to proclaim His Name.  I’m so thankful to my Father who loves me.

I got up at 5:30am today…took a bath to relax a little and already walked 20 minutes on the treadmill while doing arm weight exercises too!  It is 7am as I type this.  “I will lose this weight!” I keep telling myself.  :o)  I know….who exercises on their birthday?  lol!

I’m looking forward to this year.  Kevan and I are praying about a lot of things (building a new house, kids [maybe adoption], mission trip and a few other things) and I feel like I have a future this year.  Last year I was in a totally different place.  I appreciate so many more things now.  Yesterday, in the car, Kevan told me that I’m a different person than I was last year.  He meant it as a good thing.  I’m thankful that my cancer changed me me for the better.  It could’ve been so different.  But, cancer was my blessing.  I learned so much, spent so much extra time with my Lord while I was recuperating and it was such a special time.  I found out I had so many more friends that loved me than I ever knew I had.  I learned how to truly lean on God for comfort and my daily needs.  What an awesome year it was.

So many years ago my mom went into labor VERY early (I think it was 2 months early).  Her little girl was born and her little lungs weren’t ready.  The doctors told my parents that I was not going to make it.  They transferred me to a different hospital and my undeveloped lungs collapsed on the way to the hospital.  They told my parents to start to prepare for a funeral, but just like this last year SO MANY prayed for that little baby and God saved her.  God healed my lungs and my little body and I’m so thankful for those that prayed then too.  God has been with me all along the way.

The above pictures are of me at my own baby shower.  I believe I was in the hospital for 2 months before I was released to go home.  So, I’m unsure how old I was in the pictures.

Happy Birthday to me!  :o)  Thank you Lord for another birthday!

8 Responses to “Happy Birthday to me! What a blessing!”

1. Julie H April 1, 2013 at 1:52 pm #

Happy Happy Birthday Jayde!! you are a treasure from God in my life I praise Him for this precious gift of friendship!!!

2. Anonymous April 1, 2013 at 1:58 pm #

Happy Birthday Jayde!! Hope your day is as special as you are!! Love, Joyce

3. Willie Dale & Sheri April 2, 2013 at 2:01 am #

2013 is gonna be your year. Get Kevan to teach you the “Superhero” routine… Tijuana Mexico in 65 days! .Exciting times are surely ahead. Like Julie said, “You are a blessing that God put in our lives”.

4. Lory April 2, 2013 at 2:22 am #

Birthday blessings, Jayde! God allowed this as part of your sanctification and it is a blessing that you see the gift of His love and grace for what it is. SDG! PS Your “like” button isn’t working for me.

5. lorywd April 2, 2013 at 2:25 am #

Birthday blessings, Jayde! God used this journey as part of your sanctification and it is a blessing that you are able to see it as a gift of His love and grace! You were a beautiful baby and are beautiful now! PS Your “like” button didn’t work for me.

6. Jolina April 14, 2013 at 4:30 pm #

Hello, Jayde,

I met you at Sam’s Club about six months ago. You wrote down your website’s information, but I lost it until today when I was going through my receipts. I am so glad I’ve found you again and that your journey has led you to such a beautiful place. You truly glowed with the love of God that day I met you. That is what drew me to you. Thank you for being such an example of steadfast grace and beauty. I imagine that I’m not the only one in awe of you. Happy Birthday!

Blessings,

Jolina

• jayde0401 April 15, 2013 at 9:48 pm #

Jolina, you are so sweet. I do remember meeting you at Sam’s Club. Thank you so much for your very kind words. I went to your blog and looked around. I might have to order your new book! Sounds really good. I remember you telling me about your best friend that also had breast cancer. I hope/pray she is doing well. Glad she has a friend like you. God bless you!

7. Jolina April 14, 2013 at 4:32 pm #