The Never Ending Bad Hair Day

11 Jan
So, lately, I’ve been feeling like I am having a never ending bad hair day.  I don’t know what to do with my hair.  It isn’t long enough to brush or style or highlight.  It is getting curly.  I am not happy about this.  I bought some gel and played around with it…..it didn’t work.  It just left me with hard hair that was gross.  I reached out to two people to see if they would dye it for me and I didn’t hear back….so I’m guessing that is a sign.  lol!  Truthfully, I’m getting a little depressed.  I miss my hair.  I don’t know why but I liked being bald more.  I know.  Weird.  I think it is because I had an excuse to wear a wig when I wanted to look nice and if I wanted to hide behind a head covering I could.  Here is the most recent pic of my hair.  It is a little longer than this…but I have no makeup on tonight so I’m going to use this one:

So, as I was sitting here feeling sorry for myself I started thinking about my hair before chemo.  Here is one of the last pictures I took before I started losing my hair.

That brought me to thinking about when I was young.  Then, I realized….this short hair thing isn’t all that bad.  When you consider some of my previous hair styles.

This one is the start of my mom trying to tame my hair.  She just braided it to get it out of the way.

Then, I think, my mom decided to put a bowl on my head and cut around it.  Also, thank you Lord for braces!

Then Jr. High came and I started to let it be curly.
Then, I started on a bowling league and this is what I looked like.  Really, mom and dad?  You let me leave like this?

After that…..I got a spiral perm because it just wasn’t bad enough.  Yes….I was a nerd.

Since I showed you my Jr. High pics…I better show you one of the bad high school pictures too.  I’m not really sure what is on top of my head.

So, after looking at these…I feel a little better.  I’ve had a LOT of bad hair days.  Nothing new.  I actually have more I could share, but I got tired of scanning them in and I thought I should save some just in case I get depressed again.
I’ll try to be content with my short hair.  But, I’m still praying it grows very fast!

8 Responses to “The Never Ending Bad Hair Day”

1. willie January 11, 2013 at 3:09 am #

Every one of them looked special to me. The beautiful spirit shines through in each one.

2. Anonymous January 11, 2013 at 5:23 am #

Jayde.that was Hilarious! Such a good sport you are! Judy

3. Nancy Farrell January 11, 2013 at 12:56 pm #

You look great even with “big” hair-or little hair. You are entitled to a pity party every so often . Love you Nancy F.

4. Anonymous January 11, 2013 at 3:23 pm #

Depressed now that your hair IS growing back in? Really???

5. Jayde January 11, 2013 at 3:53 pm #

I'm not depressed that my hair IS growing back. I'm just a little sad that I don't have hair styling skills…not sure what to do with it. Some women are just born with fashion sense. Not me. I'm lost. I mostly feel bad for Kevan since he has to look at it all the time. I'm hoping it will get easier to manage.

6. Jayde January 11, 2013 at 3:54 pm #

Thanks Willie. My mom must see the same way you do. She sees her cute little girl and not the awful hair styles. lol!

7. Jayde January 11, 2013 at 3:54 pm #

Thanks Nancy. Miss you!

8. Anonymous January 11, 2013 at 5:22 pm #

You're right–every married woman wants to look good for her husband. Just remember one thing–he's a big boy and should be able to handle a little imperfection here and there. After all, you handle HIS imperfections don't you?? I have followed your blog from time to time, and all your pictures, no matter what the situation, have been charming, even your “geeky” school photos.